Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Continuing Education Done!

Since the weather is ridiculously hot and Johnny's in Louisiana I decided today was a good day to tackle my continuing education requirements to maintain my Texas Real Estate License.  So the day was spent in front of the computer plugging away.  Just finished a few minutes ago.  My license is up for renewal the end of August so I finished a little better than in the nick of time!  Good news is that I'm good for another 2 years now.
  
Welcome to our new followers Rollie & Gina and Phil & Rudee!  I've been reading both of your blogs for a while now -- just don't comment very often.  We're thinking we will spend some time in Louisiana early next year so maybe we will see Rollie & Gina down that way as we both appear to have relatives there.  And Phil & Rudee seem to be in a similar transition to us (RV living but still working), although I think you guys have gotten rid of the house all together.
  
Johnny spent today babysitting the other 4 young men in my life...  They spent the rest of the day in the pool.
  
Bennett (the littlest one) Conly and Preston (back to the camera)

Barrett
The other thing I did today was spent some time playing with the blog layout.  It's getting closer to what I want to see.  Still need to tweak it some.  Trying to find a good location for the "Blogs I Follow" list.  It's so long it doesn't fit well any where.  But similar lists on other folk's blogs is where I've found most of your blogs so I want them to be visible.  Any ideas?
  
I keep playing with our Amazon store.  It's sort of fun to piddle with when the weather is too hot for other things.  I've figured out how to add some of our favorite products.  I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to put a note about why we've included each one.  I think I would appreciate that if I were looking at it.  



2 comments:

  1. I can relate to your satisfaction in completing your requirements to keep your license. While working I was certified by the Human Resource Certification Institute as a PHR (Professional in Human Resources), also a three year certification. However, once over age 60 and had been re-certified 3 times - was eligible for life time certification. AHHH - retirement - don't have to worry but certification OR HAVING A USE FOR IT!

    Four cute little guys there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina and I would love to meet y'all if you're ever around baton rouge or Houston. We are bouncing between the two cities for the next year. Enjoying your blog.

    Rollie & Gina

    ReplyDelete