Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Back to Work

Johnny started back to work last Friday.  He's working days now which is nice in lots of ways.  It's nice to be able to have dinner together and snuggle up at night.  His first day was a bit rough, but I think he's doing better.  I think it's hard for him to tell because he's tired, but there's less swelling in his leg/foot when he gets home.  The only downside of him working days is that I get to get up with him before he goes to work at 4 am and bandage the one incision on his heel that still needs bandaging.  Just call me "Nurse Carol."


I also started our (my) first workkamping gig here at Millwood Landing RV & Golf Resort.  This is actually a membership park -- part of Ocean Canyon Properties.  They were looking for a part time sales admin person in their membership sales office.  I talked to them and viola! I'm now workkamping.  24 hours a week.  My job is to greet tour participants when they arrive, get their basic information and make sure contracts are completed correctly, payments are collected and recorded correctly and all the files are up to date.  So far I'm setting my own schedule based on when they have tours -- primarily Friday, Saturday, Sunday and now Monday.


I started training Saturday and worked Sunday and Monday.  We're actually paid here through May 15, so I'm looking at this as "banked hours" for those times we need to go back to Austin for Johnny's doctor appointments or our trip to Daytona Beach, Florida in July.


Since Johnny's here working and I'd much rather be here with him than not, I decided workkamping makes sense.  At least I have something better to do than just sit around all day everyday.  And the site and utilities are covered.


We really like the park here.  The only downside is there is no laundry room... so it's off to the laundromat today for me.  



6 comments:

  1. Well, Nurse Carol, it looks like things are working out very nicely for both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good gig to me. Glad Johnny is doing better and able to return to work. Nurses are some of my favorite people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4:00 am wake up call - OUCH!

    It appears life is settling down a bit for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear things are on the up and up and away! :) I hear ya about the launderette. We have no w/d in our rig, although we have the hook-ups for it. So it's off to the launderette for me once a week, too! I don't mind, really, it's cute and quiet, never crowded. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I left Crater of Diamonds Tuesday morning, I am now in Eureka Springs until Saturday. I'm working my way back to Illinois. If you hae a day or two you should go to Crater - you never know what you'll find, a large 8 carat diamond was found in April.
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the experience continues to be awesome! Yair talks about work camping at some point. I think he's more interested in the national park style where you volunteer as a greeter and get a free site, but keep us posted on how the experience turns out for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete