Friday, January 7, 2011

January 6 -- Happy Birthday Barrett Andrew

It was a nice day here at Millwood Landing yesterday -- sunny, calm and temperature right around 60.  I think it was one of the nicest days we've had in over a month.  Just enough to make us feel comfortable before the cold fronts hit on Saturday and Sunday.  Forecast for next week is pretty awful.  Highs in the upper 20's and lows in the lower 20's.  Not much change at all.  Almost makes me glad I'm headed back to Austin for a few weeks.  ALMOST...

Last night I tried to set up the EA Sports active2 workout for the Wii.  It comes with a heart rate monitor, so you need to get the heart rate monitor to connect to the Wii using a USB connector.  I had picked it up becaues it is supposed to help you build endurance and muscle.  Seems like good things as I approach 50.  Apparently the USB connector we got doesn't work because despite multiple attempts it would never find the connnector.  So back to Fry's with it when I get back to Austin. 

On to the headline news of the day.  Johnny has a new grandson -- Barrett Andrew was born January 6th.  He showed up early in the morning and weighs 6lbs, 8 ozs.

When his big brother, Bennett who's 2 was asked if he wanted to take him home, his response was a matter of fact, "Nope."



By way of introduction since I don't think I've posted pics of the grandkiddos before, meet big brother, "farmer" Bennett.  He LOVES tractors! 



And then there are the cousins, Conly and the oldest Preston.  Preston is 10 in the red shirt and very good with both Bennett and Barrett.  Conly, 8, thinks they're okay, so long as they don't mess with his stuff.

Johnny certainly has some good looking grandsons!  I'm very lucky to have them in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment