Monday, November 22, 2010

Quiet Day at Millwood Landing

Today was a pretty quiet day.  Finally sat down and figured out the menu for Thanksgiving and a couple of other meals and made up a grocery list.  Tomorrow I guess a trip to the Walmart in Texarkana is on the agenda.

I finally cooked the venison we've had in the freezer since July.  I put it in the slow cooker with a little white wine and water and covered it with an apple cut in quarters, 2 sliced onions and 4 cloves of garlic minced.  Cooked it on high for about 1 hour and 4 more hours on low.  Then I took out the apple chunks, added a little more water, some beef soup base, flour and a can of mushrooms.  Let that cook for a couple of more hours.  Served over some brown rice.

Turned out pretty good I think.  I'll get the official verdict when I take it out to Johnny and crew a little later tonight. 

Other than that it's been an rv cleaning day.  Trying to get rid of the stuff we really never use and make some room for my things so we can do the full time thing.  Will really need to find something that works better, but trying to make things work better in the meantime.

Will try to take some pics tomorrow.

1 comment: